National Desk : Lok Sabha membership of former Congress Party President and MP Rahul Gandhi has been canceled following his conviction in a defamation case. In this regard, a letter has also been issued from the Lok Sabha Secretariat on Friday. Rahul Gandhi was a Lok Sabha MP from Wayanad, Kerala.
Let us tell you that in the ‘Modi surname’ defamation case, the Surat court on Thursday sentenced Rahul Gandhi to two years’ imprisonment. Although Rahul Gandhi is out on bail.
In fact, during the campaign for the 2019 general elections, Rahul Gandhi had said about the Modi surname that what is common in the names of Nirav Modi, Lalit Modi and PM Modi and how the surname of all these thieves is Modi. On this statement of Rahul, former Gujarat Minister and BJP MLA Purnesh Modi had filed a complaint.
The Supreme Court had ruled in 2013 that if a public representative such as an MLA or MP is punished for two years or more, his membership would be cancelled. This rule applies under section 8 (3) of the Representation of the People Act, 1951. If Rahul Gandhi does not get a stay on this issue, then he will not be able to contest elections for six years.
- Chhattisgarh की सभी ख़बरों से रहे टनाटन
- Crime की दुनिया की हर छोटी से छोटी खबर की पड़ताल
- जाने आपके जिले का हाल एक क्लिक में
- Politics और Inside Stories से जुडी हर खबर मिलेगी यहां
- Lifestyle की ख़बरें जो आपके जीवन में आएगी काम, सिर्फ आपसे एक क्लिक दूर
- Entertainment की गलियों में क्या है नई गॉसिप फिल्मों से लेकर TV की दुनिया का हाल
- कहा है नौकरी और कहा कर सकते है अप्लाई, ये है जॉब की दुनिया का ओने स्टॉप शॉप
- Topchand.com के विधानसभा 2023 चुनाव के सर्वे से जुडने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें